PACS Food Pantry
ranks high in the United States for hungry families and individuals.
The PACS Food Pantry is a part of Oregon Food Bank's network of pantries, aiming to provide food to these families. The pantry provides an emergency 3-5
day supply of food to over 6,000 people each month. In 2012 the pantry provided 85,138 one-person food portions (portion = 3-5 day food supply for one person). PACS pioneered
a new food selection system that allows individuals to choose
the foods they prefer. Nutrition principles are taught while
preserving dignity and self-esteem. Several food pantries across the city, state and country
have since taken advantage of this client choice model to improve services and cut back on
How can I receive food help?
Visit between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., Monday through Friday.
2. Show evidence of Oregon address (photo ID preferred, also accept piece of mail or utility bill)
3. Know a) your overall household income and b) names and birthdates of any additional household members you are gathering food for.
Food Pantry Hours
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
2013 Planned Pantry Closures
• Mon, February 18 (President's Day)
• Fri, March 29 (Easter)
• Mon, May 27 (Memorial Day)
• Thurs/Fri, July 4/5 (Independence Day)
• TBD--usually a weekday day in Aug. (staff team-building activity)
• Mon, September 2 (Labor Day)
• Thurs/Fri, November 28/29 (Thanksgiving)
• Wed, December 25 (Christmas)